Driving & car Hire
Your car & driving in France, Italy & Spain
- We advise that you benefit from the Accident & General European Motoring Assistance. This will cover you in the event of your car breaking down, for roadside assistance (including tow charge) and vehicle replacement, if necessary. It does not cover parts or labour costs. If your car is over 10 years old, you must pay a supplement of €55. However, cover cannot be provided for vehicles over 16 years old.
Please note, in order to avail of Vehicle Breakdown insurance cover you must not carry more than the number of persons recommended by the vehicle manufacturer. Each person must be provided with a seat and seat belt. The most who can be insured in a single vehicle are 8 persons including the driver.
You should notify your own insurance company if you are taking your car out of the country.
Taking a second car
- If you intend to take two cars, you will be charged the appropriate ferry price for the second car (first car is included) and you must leave the second car in the resort car park, for the duration of your stay, at your own risk.
- All routes guides &/or GPS Co-ordinates are supplied to you in good faith. We cannot accept responsibility for any new/additional road layouts.
- Please see our website for all driving Rules & regulations pertaining to France, Italy & Spain.
- Each person in the party must have a seat in the car.
- The named driver must have a credit card in his/her name and the reservation must be made in their name.
- The minimum age of driver is 21 years but may vary from country to country.
- A charge may apply to drivers under 25 yrs and they may not be able to hire certain car groups.
- Drivers must produce a valid Irish/UK license, held for at least 1 year in France & Italy and 2 years for Spain. Some countries require no endorsements.
- Cars hired from a ‘broker' may incur a daily charge for being brought into another country-please ask at the time of booking.